Sunday, January 18, 2009

Typography

Most people when they hear the work typography have no clue at what I'm talking about....well its the study for type or fonts. Very interesting to you I'm sure but how often have you glanced over signs and billboards. Type is all around us and after taking the first semester of typography and now am in the Advanced typography class I can tell you for real.....There is a forever amount of it. That's the thing about school especially the classes I take, they educate you about something you should be aware of in your surroundings and then they teach you how to evaluate it next thing I know I'm critiquing signs as I'm driving around town. Now type is pretty much an obsession. Random tangent that I thought would be interesting if just to myself :)

The real reason I am writing about typography is to show my new project that i'm working on. On friday...instead of going on my scheduled blind date that has now been postponed I created 50 unique cupcakes to create an unique alphabet for my advanced design class. Thinking up of a really cute idea at work earlier friday I ran to the store to get stuff for the cupcakes. Shelly and I started making cupcakes at 3:30 and ended at 9pm. It was a long long process. But now I have something tangible to make my typeface. I'll show you the results later after I get it all done.

1 comment:

Team 'Iloa said...

Steph, this is awesome! You have such an amazing talent!