Well I guess it would be better to say Super Heroins as tonight I would like to express my thanks to all the hard working mothers out there. As I'm starting to finish up a very very long day of work...including that of homework from 2am to 6am then school from 10am-4:30pm(with work in the middle), a church even from 5-10pm, small half hour break to do my nails and relax, and then cleaning my house in preparation for spring break and also my roommates parents that are arriving....I am exhausted but I realize that this is only one day of my life... and then I got to thinking about all that moms do. Moms are the master of being on top of things and I'm so appreciative of what they do. Somehow they have the energy to be able to get up everyday and take care of kids with all their activities, making food, cleaning house, etc. I don't know how they do it. All I know is that I've had about a Pepsi and a half to get me through today.
Moms, my Mom as the head of the mom list, are seriously gifts from God. I don't know how they manage to get everything done and are still sane to not want to kill everyone. I've learned some much from my mom and from other motherly figures in my life that I tell you. The tender loving hugs to let you know that the world is a harsh world but there is always a place close to her heart. They know where everything is even if somehow the house is eaten it....they go to battle in retrieving the lost items. The service they render to any and all, especially to their families. Cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, all without complaint. They travel long distances to help out for a weekend when things seem to be down in the dumps. Letters and packages always seem to arrive at the moment that I need them the most...always with loving words of encouragement.
How can one being have so much love for people who make messes and not clean up after themselves? I guess it comes from the simple sweet moment between family members that make it all worth it. After being in college for these past 4 years...being an RA, and living with roommates I'm gaining those qualities that I've seen my Mom share with me and learning the joy behind it. The simple appreciation for acts done fill my heart with joy...and even just knowing that you helped out someone who might have been having a rough day.
So without falling asleep at my computer I would just like to again say Thank you for being YOU! Teaching me so many things :)
PS...Sorry this is so long....But thanks for reading :)
Personal Day
8 years ago




1 comment:
You're so cute! I'm glad you are learning the qualities of being a mom! YOU WILL NEED THEM! You do have such a great mom! I have loved hearing about her!
Post a Comment